Friday, March 7, 2008

LLMA Testimonial

For those of you who are reading this blog to decide if you want to apply for the 2009 LLMA Institute, I’m thrilled to say my participation as a candidate in the 2007 Library Leadership Institute was a fantastic experience! Everyone I met at the institute, from the consultants to the LLMA committee to my fellow candidates to the hosting librarians, shared a diverse and colorful repertoire of stories and experiences. It was truly a diverse group in many ways: gender, age, experience, race, aspirations and type of library. At the end of the institute, I left there feeling energized and enthused. Not only did I become friends with some of the other candidates, but I am absolutely convinced that the LLMA Institute was instrumental in helping me transition from a schedule of 3 part time jobs at 3 different libraries at 2 different institutes to a full time permanent position as the Science Librarian at Holy Cross College—a position I was offered and accepted six months after LLMA!

No comments: